Little Alice, once had blonde hair...

Monday, September 18, 2006

Culinary delights... Are you interested?

I have come to the conclusion that sometimes I love indian soooo much and lasagne sooooo much and fish and chips... Yep, sooooo much, that I am going to endeavour to try a new restaurant/cuisine once a month. This could well be just a new restaurant other than my fave in a certain cuisine, just to see what other stuff is like out there or a new cuisine altogether...
The first one that I have decided to try (again) is Spanish. I went to a beautiful Spanish restaurant in Sydney when I went with the girls years ago and loved it and have wanted to find one in Melbourne but it has so far eluded me! Well, no longer! I found one and I am going there very soon!!! I have even purchased The Age Good Food Guide 2007 and also the Cheap Eats, to look through and come up with the delicious culinary venues to investigate.
I am going to enlist the accompaniment of some of you out there to join me in this new plan. So if you have an interest in yummy food and who doesn't right??? Then give me an expression of interest in a restuarant or cuisine that you would like to also try and perhaps you can join me in a leg or two in this culinary journey I am about to start...

Cuisines first on my list are: (in no particular order)
Spanish - Basque Tapas & Wine
French
Vegetarian
Yum Cha
Seafood
Lebanese
Fine Dining

Venues:
Soul Mama
Belgian Beer Cafe
Bhoj -Indian
Borsch, Vodka & Tears
Botanical

3 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

I left a comment a few days ago, but for some reason it didn't take.

Try Nepalese - it's a bit like Indian, yummy.

I love this idea!

5:16 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look up AKITA in North Melbourne. Mum, Del and I went there the other night - YUMMO!!! I want to go again.
E

8:59 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi April,
My first comment! Sorry it's taken so long...
I know a fab yum cha restaurant in the city - it's my favourite, I've been going there for years! I'll defo volunteer to come along with you when I'm next down in Melbourne - maybe over Christmas sometime??
Louise XXX

6:16 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home