Little Alice, once had blonde hair...

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My New Home!

These are the pics of my new home. It is perfect! It is sooooo close to work and the city and all of my friends! I received the news this morning that my application was successful. I was so excited from the anticipation of hearing about it, I even woke up at 7am to wait for the call! And they didn't ring til 10:30!!! And you all know how big i love my sleep ins! So that in itself was a big deal for me! Well, I pick up the keys today so moving will be happening over the next couple of days! Yay for me... Once I'm settled, you will all have to come over some time soon for a Baileys! Movie nites, home cooked dinners or a cuppa or 2. I will definately be having some celebratory champagne when I move in... Its very cool. You're welcome any time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Turning Japanese said...

I KNEW IT.
I KNEW IT.
I KNEW IT.

おめでとう ございました!
Of course the above means...
Congratulations!

3:24 pm

 
Blogger Anna said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:13 am

 
Blogger Anna said...

Congratulations! Did you buy it?

Here are some suggestions from a moving pro:

1. Label, Label, Label - Put the room it's to go in and the contents of the box/bag clearly on the outside - trust me, it's one thing to pack and move, it's a whole other thing to find things at the other end!!

2. Pack like with like - Sounds obvious, but you'll not believe the amount of stuff you "lose" then find in a random box

3. Pull big green garbage bags up over your hanging clothes and tie them at the top, then all you need to do is take them directly from one wardrobe to the next.

4. Put folded clothes/towels etc in bin bags neatly in their piles, then you only have to put them on a shelf at the other end.

5. Buy clear plastic tubs for bathroom stuff and CD's etc, then you don't have to unpack them in a hurry but can still see the contents.

6. Accept friends help, it's great to share the experience with others.

7. Have fun.

1:14 am

 
Blogger Turning Japanese said...

I wish I had friends to help me this end... Oh well, I will appreciate it at the other end.

Anna... Wow, sounds like you read an Oprah website. Great advice.

9:38 pm

 
Blogger Anna said...

Maybe I've found a new vocation! I can write self help books!

9:51 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very happpy for you.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Enjoy the freedom and happiness away from the folks.

Love
LouieB xo

8:45 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home